The primary aim of JOANNEUM RESEARCH is to enhance the attractiveness of Styria as a business location, especially by creating qualified job opportunities.
- JOANNEUM RESEARCH achieves a high level of economic effectiveness and scientific quality with the resources available.
- JOANNEUM RESEARCH subjects its research topics to a constant process of renewal and evaluation.
- JOANNEUM RESEARCH actively promotes know-how transfer to industry and markets the technologies, processes and products developed by its staff.
- JOANNEUM RESEARCH places special emphasis on market observation and on monitoring changes in societal needs.
- JOANNEUM RESEARCH promotes communication and cooperation of its researchers both in-house and with business, public administration, universities, universities of applied sciences and other non-university research institutions in the European Research Area.
- JOANNEUM RESEARCH sees its role as a key node of an international research network with a special focus on the Adria-Alpe-Pannonia region and South-Eastern Europe in general.
- JOANNEUM RESEARCH offers qualified job opportunities. Targeted postgraduate measures are designed to support innovative and committed staff in the development of their technical, social and entrepreneurial qualifications and thus prepare them for management positions in research, industry and administration.
- JOANNEUM RESEARCH enhances its commitment to equal opportunities and advancement of women as an integral part of its corporate policy in terms of increasing the quality of its research and strengthening its economic position.
- JOANNEUM RESEARCH plays a pioneering role in terms of ethics in research and technology within the Austrian non-university research sector and is aware of its role model function and its responsibility towards society.