The Quality Management System
The Quality Management System of JOANNEUM RESEARCH was first certified in 1995 and has since been continuously further developed. In April 2011 the certificate to ÷NORM EN ISO 9001:2008 was extended until 13 December 2013.
The Quality Management System aims to support us in meeting the requirements of our customers and partners from science, research and industry and thus to generate added value. The Management of JOANNEUM RESEARCH has specified a quality policy and corresponding quality objectives for this purpose.
The key point is that the Quality Management System is not a compilation of bureaucratic regulations for our employees, but rather an instrument designed to constantly examine the processes put in place and to verify their benefit and usefulness.
Organisation of the JR Quality Management System
Quality Management Representative
She or he is a member of the management of the organisation in charge of quality management affairs.
Quality Management Office (ZQS)
The Quality Management Office (ZQS) has a coordinating and supporting function. It is responsible for the continuous further development of the Quality Management System and thus makes a vital contribution to increasing the companyís performance.
The main tasks of the ZQS Management are:
- to coordinate the preparation and development of the companyís QM documents;
- to support the organisational units in all matters of quality management;
- to support the Management in conducting management reviews;
- to examine process descriptions, procedures or work instructions for compliance with the standards;
- to examine the proper functioning of the QM System in the event of changes;
- to support external audits and to plan and carry out internal audits.
Quality Manager of Organisational Unit
The Quality Manager supports the management of the research unit in all tasks involved in the introduction, maintenance and further development of the unitís Quality Management System without, however, releasing the management from its obligations.
Her/His tasks are in particular:
- to inform employees about changes in the QM System,
- to identify the need for new process descriptions, procedures or work instructions as a result of new products and services provided by the organisational unit,
- to prepare instructions and forms in cooperation with the employees concerned and to examine these documents for compliance with other regulations specific to the organisational unit;
- to store and update the QM documents;
- to train new employees in the QM System.
They support ZQS in all activities relating to the conduct and follow-up (Audit Report) of internal audits.
The employees integrate the Quality Management System in their day-to-day work and provide important feedback for its further development.