MATERIALS – Institute for Surface Technologies and Photonics
... provide the customers access to the latest technologies required for implementing innovative products and services, for example.
- Green Photonics and Electronics
- structured (biomimetic) surfaces
- piezoelectric sensors and energy harvesters
- Large-scale production of organic layers (roll-to-roll, screen printing)
- (optical) Chemo-and Biosensors
- Laser Production Technology
- Aerosol and inkjet printing
- laser and plasma-assisted vacuum deposition process
MATERIALS has long-standing experience in managing a wide range of research cooperations, thus enabling the clients to successfully participate in national and international funded research projects.
The team of around 70 researchers provide interdisciplinary solutions across the entire value chain – from the idea to the prototype – using cutting edge technologies and methods based on miniaturisation, integration and materials optimisation. Combined with state-of-the-art equipment and infrastructure MATERIALS offer innovative solutions and services tailored to the needs of business and industry. More than 20 years of close cooperation with leading research institutions such as the Austrian based Graz University of Technology or the University of Leoben enable us to continuously improve and extend the portfolio of expertise.