Technology, Innovation and Policy Consulting
The Research Group for Technology, Innovation and Policy Consulting provides public institutions, industrial partners and international policy makers with background analyses, scientific studies and knowledge intensive consulting services in the areas of science, research, technology and innovation.
Our work forms the basis for evidence-based policy. We develop empirical fundamentals and new theoretical and conceptual approaches with a strong focus on research and innovation in the business sector. These concepts are implemented in policy-relevant analyses and recommendations also in corporate consulting services.
Our key fields of activity are:
Empirical science, technology and innovation research
- Indicator development and indicator-based policy analysis
- Microdata analysis of innovation-related data
- Model-based impact analysis
- Analysis of long-term development trends and specialisation patterns of national,regional and urban innovation systems
- Sectoral analyses e.g. of creative industries, service sectors and ICT
Systemic consulting, strategy development and evaluation
- Development of evaluation andmonitoring systems
- Evaluation of policies, institutions and programmes in regional, national and supra-national or corporate innovation systems
- Socio-economic impact assessments
Innovation and human resource development
- Significance of gender and diversity aspects in innovation processes
- Analysis of individual career paths, institutional and policy contexts
- Development of strategies to increase human resource potential in R&D
Acticity Report 2010/2011 of the Research Group TIP (Technology, Innovation and Policy Consulting).