ScanBalt® MTÜ is a non-profit association for interregional cooperation, which sees Northern Europe as a global hotspot for health and bio-economy. ScanBalt invites more than 30 cluster organisations from 15 European countries to participate in the formulation of a joint declaration on the necessary next steps to create the Common European Health Data Space.
The clusters are invited to draw on the experience of their cluster members such as universities, hospitals, research institutions, pharmaceutical and medical technology companies and start-ups.
The Joint Declaration will be submitted to the current German EU Council Presidency for the presentation of Council conclusions and further recommendations.
Dr. Klaus Donsa, head of the competence group Clinical Decision Support at the HEALTH Institute, presents "BARS - a digital warehouse for COVID-19 stratification" as a best practice example for digital solutions in European health research.
When: Friday, 4th September 2020
Start: 12:25 CET
Digital solutions for European health research
Best practice examples from
- Sonja Aits, Lund University – Sweden (“Using Big data to extract knowledge – examples from COVID-19”)
- Prof Carsten Ullrich, Centogene – Germany (“Preventive high-throughput-testing SARS CoV2”)
- Prof Alfonso Valencia, Barcelona Supercomputing Center – Spain (“COVID-19, medical data and the medicine of the future”)
- Prof Adriana Maggi, MIND (Milano Innovation District) – Italy (“The Lombardy Region Covid-19 Biobank Network”)
- Dr Klaus Donsa, “JOANNEUM RESEARCH Forschungsgesellschaft mbH/HEALTH –Institute for Biomedicine and Health Sciences” – Austria (“BARS – Digital warehouse for COVID-19 stratification”)
- Karolina Tkaczuk, Sano – Centre for Computational Personalised Medicine – Poland (“Computational Medicine challenges in the times of pandemics”)