Benefits and features
- Desicion support for medical doctors for prescription and daily adjustment of insulin doses
- Decision support for nursing staff in calculating individual insulin doses
- Reduction of mean blood sugar by up to 20% (confirmed in the clinical validation of the dosage protocol and the whole system)
- GlucoTab-system is a CE marked medical product since autumn 2014 and was developed, verified and validated according to the stringent guidelines of the medical device directive for software
- Intuitive usability due to the interdisciplinary and common development of the user interface with the clinical staff
- Easy, well-structured entry and clearly represented output of the most important medical parameters, such as blood sugar, insulin doses and meals
- GlucoTab relieves clinical staff by standardizing workflow
- Standardized interface to the medical information system
Clinical study results
GlucoTab® was evaluated in a clinical study with 99 patients at 4 different wards at the university hospital Graz.
Effectiveness: 72,5% of all blood sugar measurements are within the target range. This result is equivalent to current best-practice studies and is superior to standard care.
Safety: Compared to current studies with comparable therapies the risk for hypoglycemia is not enhanced (no serious hypoglycemic events; only 1.8% mild of all blood sugar levels were mild hypoglycemic events)
Acceptance: >95% of all planned work steps were carried out according to plan and the proposed insulin doses were accepted in >95% of all cases.