The project Collaborative Robotics (CollRob) focuses on the research and development of novel methods and tools for collaborative and cooperative robots (i.e. robots that collaboratively work with humans and eventually other physically situated agents in order to perform specific manufacturing and/or service tasks).
Special focus is on the following topics:
- Dynamic working environment monitoring to guarantee an efficient and safe interaction between robots and humans
- Development of novel sensor technologies for human-robot approximation detection and collision avoidance
- Analysis and prediction of human states and behaviors based on bio-sensor data as well as affective and cognitive behavior models
- Analysis of interaction and information exchange paradigms for mixed human-robotic teams
- Degree-of-freedom exploitation and impedance control of sensitive redundant manipulators for amended, ergonomic and safe human-robot collaboration
- Dynamic planning and optimization of collaborative tasks