ImmUniverse: Transforming Diagnosis and Therapy of Immune-Mediated Diseases
HEALTH contributes with its core technologies - dermal OFM and metabolomics - to the international research of inflammatory-autoimmune diseases.
Immune-mediated inflammatory diseases (IMIDs) are increasing in industrialized countries worldwide. An in-depth understanding of common disease mechanisms through molecular profiling techniques is essential for future precision medicine strategies for IMIDs.
ImmUniverse is being performed by a European transdisciplinary consortium of 26 partners to pave the way towards a truly personalised understanding of two different IMIDs: Ulcerative Colitis and Atopic Dermatitis.
As a project partner, HEALTH supports the international consortium in identifying biomarker pattern and mechanistic principles with its two core technologies - dermal OFM and metabolomics. With these methods, the molecular fingerprint of the diseases is investigated in different tissues. These molecular data in combination with data on disease severity and progression from several clinical studies will lead to personalised therapy decisions.
- Full Name: ImmUniverse - Better control and treatment of immune-mediated diseases by exploring the universe of microenvironment imposed tissue signatures and their correlates in liquid biopsies
- Start date: 01 January 2020
- Duration: 60 months
- Budget: 31,000,000 €
- Coordinator: Humanitas University, Italy
- Project Lead: GlaxoSmithKline Research & Development Limited, UK
- Read more: www.immuniverse.eu @ImmUniverse_EU
This project has received funding from the Innovative Medicines Initiative 2 Joint Undertaking (JU) under grant agreement No. 853995. The JU receives support from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme and EFPIA. www.imi.europa.eu