Place of employment: Graz
Working hours: 100% employment (38,5 hours/week)
Payment: Annual gross salary of at least EUR 55,020.00 - willingness to overpay with appropriate qualifications and experience
The Institute HEALTH of JOANNEUM RESEARCH is committed to research in the medical field and health-related disciplines. It has strategically positioned itself at the crossroads of technology and medicine, and addresses client needs by translating medical necessity into technical reality.
We act as a Contract Research Organisation and provide products and services for the pharmaceutical industry, particularly in preclinical and clinical pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetic studies
We are currently seeking a
to join our team based on a full-time employment.
As a Systems Biologist you will apply bioinformatics, data science, and computational methods to analyze e.g. multi-omic data from preclinical and clinical studies to reveal, model, and interpret changes in biological systems (mode of action, pathways, metabolism, gene activities, proteins). Ideally, you have previously worked with a focus on interpreting metabolomics datasets.
Your daily work will be in close interaction with our metabolomics and bioanalysis experts who provide the data. Your primary responsibility will be computational data analysis and data interpretation of multi-omics data. We would also like you to develop new hypotheses for future research projects.
- You should hold a PhD degree in Systems Biology, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Biophysics, or a related discipline.
- You should have advanced knowledge in statistical methods in the context of biological systems
- You should be experienced in generating meaningful biological hypotheses from metabolomics (genomics, transcriptomics, epigenomics, ) datasets
- You should be experienced in programming (e.g. R, Python, Perl, C++)
- You should have excellent communication skills in English
We are a committed team who works on challenging and varied topics. We are proud to offer an open-minded strong support system with little hierarchy for all work-related and personal questions with an attractive work environment, state-of-the-art infrastructure and an honest feedback culture
Additionally we offer:
- flexible working hours with the possibility of teleworking
- targeted support for your personal career through the internal training program and in the further development of your professional expertise
- sports and cultural sponsorship, mobility allowance, team trainings and company events, social benefits
We are excited to listen to your new ideas.
According to the applicable collective agreement, the minimum yearly salary is € 55.020.- gross per year, based on full-time employment. Depending on your qualifications and experience, a higher remuneration is possible.We are looking forward to receiving your application and ask you to send relevant documents (certificates, curriculum vitae….) – only in electronic form – to the following address:
Please note that any expenses incurred in connection with your application - such as travel expenses, daily allowances or overnight stays - will not be reimbursed.
Please fill out all fields correctly and attach documents as PDF. We allow plenty of time to consider your application.
You can be certain that we will treat your application with complete confidentiality.