Place of employment: Graz
Time limit: 1,5 Jahre
Extent of working hours: Vollzeit (38,5 Wochenstunden)
Payment: 2.400,- brutto, zahlbar 14 x pro Jahr (aliquot)
In our research group International Climate Policy and Economics, in cooperation with an Austrian university, we are awarding from September 1st, 2022, initially limited to 1.5 years, with place of work in Graz one:
Dissertation in the field of quantitative-economic methods in interdisciplinary research projects on climate policy
The position is based on full-time employment (38.5 hours per week), with around 1/3 of the working time being available for writing your own scientific work or, to a lesser extent, for completing courses.
Your area of responsibility will include the following areas:
- Method development for risk quantification and assessment of macroeconomic effects of nature-based solutions
- Modeling of the transition to circular economic structures
- Effects of climate policy measures on vulnerable groups
- Completion of an economics-oriented master's degree
- Relevant knowledge in the field of environmental economics and quantitative economic methods
- Knowledge of macroeconomic modelling, experience with econometric methods would be an advantage
What we offer:
- monthly gross salary at the beginning of € 2,400. This will be increased after a positive interim evaluation of the dissertation
- a team-oriented working atmosphere and the most modern infrastructure
- flexible working hours with the possibility of teleworking
- targeted support for your personal career through the internal training program and in the further development of your professional expertise
- additional full days off on Good Friday, 24.12. and 31.12.
- attractive social benefits such as sports and culture promotion, mobility allowance, company events, free coffee, etc.
We look forward to receiving your meaningful application and ask you to send it - exclusively electronically - to the following address:
JOANNEUM RESEARCH Forschungsgesellschaft mbH
Subject: LIFE dissertation in interdisciplinary research projects on climate policy
Contact person for content-related questions:Mag. Andreas Türk, MBA
We would like to point out that any expenses incurred in connection with your application - such as travel expenses, daily allowances or overnight stays - will not be reimbursed.
Please fill out all fields correctly and attach documents as PDF. You can be certain that we will treat your application with complete confidentiality.