RISIS – Research Infrastructure for Science and Innovation Policy Studies
JR-POLICIES is part of the large-scale infrastructure project RISIS. RISIS is a Horizon 2020 project and a joint undertaking of 18 partners aiming to transform the field of Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) studies into an advanced research community. This development is achieved by:
- developing an e-infrastructure that supports full virtual transnational access by researchers,
- providing a vastly enlarged set of services tailored to field-specific needs (for problem-based integration of datasets, for exploring open data, and for supporting analytical capabilities of researchers),
- maintaining datasets dealing with firm innovation capacities, public research developments, R&I outputs and projects, and policy learning,
- developing new datasets on 4 key issues for research and policy (social innovation, non-technological innovation, the role of PhDs in society, portfolios of public funding instruments).
The current datasets cover 5 critical dimensions:
- ERA dynamics (3 datasets),
- firm innovation dynamics (3 datasets),
- public sector research (3 datasets),
- research careers (3 datasets)
- and a repository on research and innovation policy evaluations.
The infrastructure can be found at www.risis2.eu.
The RISIS core facility, which enables data access and additional functionalities, is currently under development.