Internships / Diploma / Master's / Bachelor's Research
DIGITAL – the Institute for Information and Communication Technologies – is one of the leading international research partners and competence centres in the area of information and communication technology. The technological and scientific platforms of the institute include Web and Internet technologies, image signal processing, video and acoustics and remote sensing, communication and navigation technologies. These technologies are used to develop hardware and software and to implement application-oriented solutions based on highly reliable methods.
We continuously offer positions for professional internships and diploma and master thesis work, which support our project team in their research and development tasks. The potential subjects are based on the requirements of our research groups "Remote Sensing and Geoinformation", "Image Analysis and Measuring systems", "Space Technology and Communications Technology", "Connected Computing" and "Intelligent Acoustic Solutions". The following technologies are relevant:
- Image analysis, image processing, computer graphics
- Semantic technologies and knowledge representation (RDF, OWL, metadata standards)
- Databases (RDBMS, SQL, ODBC)
- Audio signal processing and acoustic measurement
- Software development of C + +, Qt, Java,. NET, MATLAB, SIMULINK
We offer an attractive, team-oriented working environment with modern infrastructure. You will work independently in our projects with the latest technologies; you will solve interesting problems and connect with international partners.
The gross monthly payment in accordance to the applicable collective agreement for interns before beginning their studies is at least € 775.-, minimally € 1030.- for interns who have begun their studies and minimally € 1,385.- for diploma thesis students. We are prepared to pay higher salaries to people with higher levels of experience.
We would like to point out that any expenses incurred in connection with your application - such as travel expenses, daily allowances or overnight stays - will not be reimbursed.
Machine Vision Applications
- Detection of Surface Defects on Red Hot Wire
- Detection of Patterns on Micrographs of Steel
- Calibration of Consumer Depth Sensors
- Explanatory feedback to user generated media
- Lightweight inference for deep learning based image/video analysis
- Robust and real-time capable long term object tracking in video
Cyber Security and Defence
Potential cyber security risks of the communication architecture in a critical infrastructure use case